In the winter months dryness seems to take over your skin and your scalp. Having a dry scalp is quite irritating, so what can be done about it?
I struggle with dryness of scalp throughout the year but winter brings out the worst in my hair and scalp. I change my hair products once I start to see they no longer moisturize my hair and scalp. I believe having moisturized hair and scalp is more than just the products you use, but is also the methods you use to treat and clean your hair.
In the summer months I hardly use heat on my hair… I usually style my hair wet and go on about my day. In the winter months I personally choose to blow-dry my hair after washing it 1.) I’m sensitive to getting a head cold if my hair is wet 2.) I personally like to stretch my hair so that I can have some length to my protective styles. You might do something different, but this works for me.
I’ve gone through my share of hair products and either immediately or down the line they leave my hair feeling crunchy, dry and lifeless and my scalp still very dry.
For a couple months I’ve been using these products and the results have been great! Click any of the links below to purchase your next favorite hair product 😉SheaMoisture African black Soap Bamboo charcoal deep cleansing Shampoo Shea Moisture Strengthen and Restore Blow Dry Creme Creme Of Nature Coconut Milk Essential 7 Treatment Oil 4 Ounce (118ml) Cantu Txtr By Oil + Vitamins Scalp Saver 5oz, 5 Oz
The Oil & Vitamins scalp saver by Txtr Cantu has indeed been a scalp saver! I love that this oil truly does keep my scalp healthy and moisturized and to add, it smells good and you feel a nice soothing sensation as you apply it to your scalp. A little bit of this oil goes a long way!
The Creme of Nature coconut milk is a great sealant for the ends of your hair and is nice way to add a little shine.
It the past when I blow dry my hair I was just using a heat protection oil, but what I love about the Shea moisture blow dry creme is that it truly does make it easier to blow dry your hair, smoothing out your hair as you blow dry. It also protects your hair as you use heat.
The Shea Moisture African Black Soap shampoo and conditioner really soothes your scalp and doesn’t leave your hair feeling crunch after using it. What I love about the conditioner is that it can also be used as a leave-in conditioner, so you don’t have to add any other creams if you don’t want to! (which is a great way to reduce product build-up).
My Routine & Go-to Style
To achieve this style follow the instructions below (You may have your own way to de-tangle and wash, so do that)
- Wash your hair using the Shea Moisture African Black Soap Deep Cleansing Shampoo
- Apply Shea Moisture African Black Soap Clarifying conditioner from root to ends. De-tangle gently using your fingers or a wide toothed comb
- Leave conditioner in for a few minutes before rinsing it out or follow the instructions on the back of the bottle for a deep condition
- Rinse conditioner out, and gently pat dry your hair using a towel or whatever you like to dry your hair with to remove excess water (some people like using a T-shirt because it doesn’t remove as much water, etc.)
- Part your hair in four equal sections
- rub a little of the Shea Moisture blow dry cream for each section of hair from root to ends
- Clip each section away as you work on one
- Blow dry each section until semi-dry
- Rub Scalp saver by Txtr Cantu on your scalp between the four sections of hair
- clip the other three sections away as you work on your first section of hair
- part the first section and again rub Scalp Saver Oil and massage the scalp (You will repeat this step for the other sections of hair)
- Rub Creme of Nature coconut milk on hair and ends
- Twist hair to desired thickness
- Once all four sections have been twisted wrap your head with your favorite head scarf
- Twist your hair out and use your hands or a fine toothed comb to give volume to your hair and to get rid of the “parts” that are showing
- If you want/need to, squirt a very small amount of the Creme of Nature Coconut Milk and gently rub all over hair for added shine
Want to refresh or re-do your twist out? Use the Shea Moisture Conditioner and style as desired.