This rich and nutritious meal is suitable for babies who are able to successfully move food from front to back of their mouth
My son tried this meal for the first time at 8 months. Though it wasn’t his first time having these foods, it was his first time having everything together. He’s a big eater and ate the whole thing! Like most of us, we won’t eat something if we don’t find it palatable, so the fact that he ate this all tells me that he loved it!
I really think its a great idea to gradually introduce various herbs and flavors to your child because over time they will become familiar the spices, herbs and ingredients that you normally use as apart of your cooking.
I admit, now that my son is eating solids I don’t always have the time to prepare a fresh meal so I opt for Gerber baby products like GERBER Organic PURÉE Pumpkin Banana Carrot, Baby Food, Meal, 6+ Months, 128 ml, 12 Pack
I added the Gerber organic puree- Pumpkin, Banana, Carrot flavor to his salmon because he wasn’t fond of the fishy taste.
Here’s the recipe for the cauliflower kale puree .
Makes 2-3 servings
1 cup chopped cauliflower
¹/3 cup kale
1 small salmon filet (without skin)
Pinch of Herbs of your choice (dried or fresh)
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
1 cup of water
- Cut cauliflower into medium size florets, chop kale. Wash them thoroughly (may have insects and dirt)
- Put vegetables in a pot with 1 cup of water and let steam for 15 minutes over medium heat
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small oven pan put 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Take salmon and run under cold water, pay dry
- Rub fish in Olive oil and sprinkle and Pat herbs on
- Place in oven for 20 minutes
- Once the vegetables are soft, transfer into blender and let cool
- Add a tablespoon of the steamed vegetable water and puree until smooth consistency. Add a little more water at a time if necessary.
- Remove fish from oven and let cool
- Once cool place in a bowl and mush with a little bit of water so that the fish is a consistency suitable for your child. Also remove any bones you may find
- Once meal is cooled down, serve to your child.
*Cauliflower mash can be refrigerated for up to 3 days
* Fish can be refrigerated maximum 3 days
*You can make the fish ahead of time to reduce the time to make this dish.